Yorktown Cycles is proud to partner with Bicycle Blue Book, the industry leader in used bicycle sales and valuation. Are you looking to trade up to a new bike? Need to sell a bike first before you can get a new one? Trade it in with us! It will save you the hassle of listing the bike on Ebay or Craigslist, dealing with buyers who may or may not be truly interested, or dealing with some of the dangers of meeting up to do a cash transaction with strangers. Walk into Yorktown Cycles with your old bike and walk out with your dream bike all in the same day!
Curious as to the value of your bike? You can get an immediate estimate of your bicycle's value by interacting with the box below!
(we reserve the right to refuse any trade-in)
What is the trade-in procedure?
Our expert mechanics will inspect the bicycle and guide you through the valuation process using the third-party blue book service BicycleBlueBook.com. Bicycle Blue Book has over 10 years of pricing information on bicycles and is the top source on used bike prices. Once the price is calculated, we take that amount and put it towards your brand new bicycle, or we can even issue you store credit.
Your bike should arrive to us clean, functioning, and in a sellable condition. If your bicycle will require service and/or parts, these factors will deduct from your trade-in value. To do our part to fight bike theft and for your security, we will require the following to process a trade in:
- A valid driver's license.
- A serial number on the bicycle that is not defaced or destroyed.
- A signed statement that the bicycle is yours to sell (provided).
- An index finger fingerprint.
Before you load up your bike into the car, please consider the following:
- For bikes that do not exist in our database, an ad hoc good faith valuation will be made.
- BicycleBlueBook.com valuations assume all stock-componentry. Any upgrades/downgrades from the original specification will be taken into account.
- Some bikes may not qualify for resale and therefore will not be eligible. Many department store bikes (Huffy, Magna, Next, etc.) will fall into this category.
- Trade in value is loaded onto a store-credit card which can be used immediately or saved for later.
- Electronic drivetrain owners - be sure to bring your chargers
- There is a $75 service fee if the amount is not put towards a new bicycle.